I am so excited! You see, I have this trifle of a blog that I have been dumping all the inane shit in my head out into since February. And people are reading it. I know! I can barely believe it, either. What’s even better is that cool people I like are reading it – not crazies. Wow.
I am still new at this and quite a bit self-conscious about it all. Imagine my surprise when today I clicked on a link one of my favorite bloggers posted in a comment and saw that she not only had a Versatile Blogger Award (Congratulations, Renee!!) but that she had listed me in her top 15 favorite blogs! First of all I have never been in a list of anyone’s favorites, so I am humbled and totally excited about that. Second, I have never won any kind of award since I got that Jimmy Carter Peanut Radio for selling the 2nd most cookies or something in 2nd grade (I also got my picture in the paper for that. No joke. I will scan it and post it sometime. You gotta appreciate all those little moments of fame, right?). And, third, Renee is awesome and I am honored she likes me.
Now, apparently there are rules for this.
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post. [In case my above blubbering was unclear, thank you, thank you, thank you, Renee!!]
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
5. Post a picture of the Versatile Blogger Award on your site.
Um, 7 things about me:
- I am a total procrastinator. Don’t believe me? Read this.
- I was a Brownie, but never a Girl Scout.
- I had two kidney surgeries when I was 5 resulting in a 2 month hospital stay, a transfusion and a 5 inch scar.
- I always have blood red toenails – even in the dead of winter.
- I hate it when people ask me if my hair is naturally red. I hate it because I am not sure of the answer and I never know what to say. Do people ask blondes this or just redheads?
- I did not like Guns N Roses when they first came out. As a matter of fact, I still hate Axl Rose’s voice and listen to GNR now as more of a nostalgic thing than a real love of the music.
- At least once a day I have to remind myself that I am a 40 year old woman. I still feel like I did at 17 and the last 23 years seem to be a blur that only took a few years instead of 2 decades.
I am new at this, so I don’t have 15 blogs I like to read. I will list the ones that I do read, at the very least.
- The first is, of course, Pooter and Booger’s Place. Renee has lived a fascinating life and she honestly tells you all about it.
- Corey over at The Hopeful Cynic is a wonderful writer. She is moving and hilarious…and in just the right combination.
- Write Gnome Write encourages you to release your inner gnome. I met the author in 6th grade. She is truly remarkable.
- Jonel Fernando and I crossed paths a few months back. He is a prolific and interesting writer. I always leave his blog with something to think about. And that’s really what writing is supposed to be about, right?
- Anastasia over at Sweet Butter Bliss is so relatable and honest you cannot help but like her.
That’s really all I’ve got. I will have to be a better blogger and read more blogs. Some I do like that you may have heard of are:
Mommy Shorts, and